Thursday, March 8, 2012

3-8-12

cool page : http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm

The power of pictures is impressive and sometimes forgotten....
Web design: primary navigation - no more than 6 links, careful of white space, pay attention to color

There are good conversations that have taken place tonight so far in class.  I so appreciate listening to other people's perspective about things and their situations at work.  It is a great part of my week. 

I think I have decided that our next home device will be a Mac Book Air... or will it be the new ipad?  one of the two for sure.  I am liking the ease of using the programs apple but my fear is that my products that I create will look like all the other home videos made with that same program  (it's the canned program worry).  We will see where we go with that.

Our visit to Canby School district today was thought provoking and has left me inspired and thinking of how to make it work on our district... knowing that there needs to be a clear plan in place (just throwing it out is not effective).

That's all for now.  Hope everybody has a great week!

6 comments:

  1. One of the things we didn't get to is to discuss at any length the need for a live "tech plan" document that's web-based and flexible. That may be a place to begin to develop a vision that drills down to an active plan for your school district. It really sounds like there's a lot of great potential and interest in taking that next, deeper step in the intentional, student-centered use of instructional technology. I'll be very anxious to see where it goes from here. Let's stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a whole class could be taught on designing and implementing tech plans.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to continuing the conversations and seeing where you go with your "tech plan". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of keeping your digital bookmarks in a blog. Sort of like a modern scrap book. Good luck to you with your tech pioneering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the fear of a 'canned program' but so far have found the non-canned programs to take too long for me to get a presentable product. We're trying to decide what kind of computer will be our next purchase, too -- and whether or not to get rid of the desktop computer completely. We currently have a 7 year old MAC -- it's the best luck we've ever had with a computer! But it's old... very old and is not able to run icloud or keep our iPads and pods applications current. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just thinking desktop because we've had a desktop for the last 30 years (the Commodore 64 with a cassette tape deck!) or whether there's really a need for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple gives you a can that frees you up to do your own thing.

    At home, I left behind the laptop and embraced a bigger, stronger desktop with supporting iPhone and iPad sattelites.

    ReplyDelete